Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Glass Etching ~ Week 2 Link Up



The kids recently had the opportunity to try their hand at glass etching during one of our local hardware store workshops.

I was pretty excited when we were told they were going to pull out the tools to give the kids a go at this. But I was also a little apprehensive about it all.

I've never used a tool like this and have never attempted to etch onto glass so I wasn't overly sure how successful this would be. I had visions of broken glasses everywhere!

Boy was I wrong! This is so much easier than I could have ever imagined and the kids had an absolute blast.

They were glued to that table the entire workshop. The most important skill needed here is a steady hand but I can see that the more you used the tools the better that would become.

The other great thing is that the tools themselves are not overly expensive and if you choose appropriately they will etch onto not only glass but also timber, metal and ceramic.

Christmas Gift idea here I come!! 

The finished glasses were tricky to photograph and this was made even more difficult by the fact that all edges of the glass have been etched so the images blend in with each other, but they look rather cool and turned out very well indeed.

Your Turn

What Christmas fun activities have you had this week?

Be sure to share them in the link up below.

Have you grabbed a button to help spread the word about the Christmas Fun link up? You can do that here in the introductory post.

Did you miss week one of the link up? Go check that out and all of the fun links here.

Be sure to join in and follow along with Christmas Fun on Instagram with the hashtag #homeschoolchristmasfun

Want More Christmas Ideas?


If you are still on the lookout for even more ideas then be sure to visit my Christmas Pinterest Board, which has 100's of pins and is growing daily.

Follow Our Worldwide Classroom's board Seasonal: Christmas on Pinterest.


This Week's Feature



How cute is this little hand painted tree, done with sugar cubes. What a fun sensory activity for the kids. Thanks for linking this one up A Moment In Our World.

Add Your Links

I would love for you to link up your Christmas posts, both past and present. All family friendly Christmas posts welcome.

When linking up please choose another link or two to visit and comment on. Please also include the Christmas Fun Button in your blog post and/or your blog sidebar.

By linking up you give permission for me to pin your post to my Homeschool Christmas Fun Pinterest Group Board. If you would like to join our group board please let me know, we'd love to you have there.

You also give permission for me to feature your post in future Christmas Fun posts here on Our Worldwide Classroom.

Happy Homeschooling,
Kylie

1 comments:

Jalenagraham said...

Love the glass etchings. I used to have a glass etching kit when I was a kid and have been wanting to try it again.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs