Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lets Learn Letters: Letter K

Try some silly Letter K chants.
We barely even needed to touch K this week. Being the first letter of her name it was pretty much a given that she knew K and it's sound.

Write letter K's in a salt tray. Try sand, rice or whatever you have on hand.
No idea what's going on here. Blogger turned this image and I can't see how to fix it. You get the idea!

Roll some play dough letter K's on this printable playdough mat.

Decorate K's With Kidney Beans.


Have fun with funny Letter K Rhymes.
This was fun and a little challenging. I used the kites on the play dough as a template to trace and cut out the individual triangular shapes that make up the kite. I had K manipulate the shapes into their correct positions to form the kites. Lots of flipping and turning going on here.

We then glued them onto a sheet of paper and cut that out to complete the kite. I suggested that she use string for the 'rope' and glue it under the koala's hands, but she chose to simply draw straight onto the page and decorated with glitter ribbons to finish off.


I am trying out Box.net for my file sharing, with these new files. If you have any issues downloading them please let me know.





Vote for us. One click is all you need!




The Attached Mama's Alphabet Craft Collection

4 comments:

asliceofsmithlife said...

Hi Kylie! Can I learn at your school!?
It looks like so much fun with all your neat ideas!
I've awarded you a blog award! Check it out here:
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/thank-you-for-versatile-blogger-award.html

Congrats!
Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"

karisma said...

Thats what I LOVE to see...learning made fun! What a great blog! Hugs xoxox

kewkew said...

Fun activities for K. Blogger does that to my pictures occasionally. Sometimes I just have to upload them again, other times I retake the picture. Other times I give up. I will keep the kidney bean idea in my mind. I have been doing a tactile letter for almost every letter this time. Definitely wanting to get tactile learning in. We just started using a salt container and sand paper letters, and we do the build a letter and a pipe cleaner plus the new bottle cap activity I found and posted about here:
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2010/09/school-time-week-3-pp.html
Love your blog, though I find it hard to visit often. I am voting for you at Picket Fences.

The Attached Mama said...

Wow! I never would have thought of that kidney bean idea...but it is a great way to teach the letter k. AND...it makes a great sensory project as well.

Thanks so much for linking up to the Ultimate Alphabet Craft Collection.

Your fan,

Cathy aka The Attached Mama
http://theattachedmama.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs